Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 09:26:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Richard M. Neswold" <neswold@spiv.fnal.gov>
To:        Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X question...

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Kwoody wrote:

> I run under FVWM pretty much all the time and had a strange occurance.

[...description of losing window focus capabilities deleted...]

> Dont know why it happend but I fixed it by restarting fvwm from the exit
> menu.
>
> Anyone know what might have mixed up there?

I run the AfterStep window manager and I've seen the same problem. Since a
large portion of AfterStep was derived from FVWM source, I'd say both window
managers suffer from the same bug.

Because this problem occurs so infrequent and it's easily fixed by
restarting the WM, no one has bothered to track down and fix it.

  Rich

  Richard Neswold, Accelerator Div./Controls Dept |     neswold@fnal.gov
  Fermilab, PO Box 500, MS 347, Batavia, IL 60510 | voice (630) 840-3454
  'finger neswold@aduxb.fnal.gov' for PGP key     |   fax (630) 840-3093