Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:38:13 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best ATA RAID controller

At 04:30 PM 2/13/2002 -0800, Bill Swingle wrote:
>Does FreeBSD support Raid5 on the 4 port 3ware card? The man page (2
>years old) only mentions raid0 and raid1.

Yes it does from what I understand.  But I have no direct experience in
that config. If you want speed, RAID0. Speed and reliability, RAID10. Our
internal win2k SQL server runs RAID 10. It cut our month end billing run
time by 50% when we moved it to the RAID10 set from a single 10K RPM SCSI
drive. If you want to see what the config looks like on FreeBSD, I can send
you a PDF of the various pages off list.

         ---Mike