Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:42:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Mike Starr <starrtennis@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Reinstalling Windows from a corrupt FreeBSD install

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014, Mike Starr wrote:

> boot0cfg: Unable to get providername for ada0

It might be necessary to use gpart:
   gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0

> How do you recommend transferring the EasyBCD thing to the FreeBSD laptop? Boot from a CD with the software burnt onto it?
>
> And for VirtualBox, that would be on the non-corrupt laptop I'm currently running off of, if I'm getting everything right here?

I've used the Plop boot manager to boot from other devices and think it
it will handle multiple partitions.
http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagers.html

Put that on a USB memory stick and boot from it.  Boot into Windows and
then try to find their well-hidden fixboot or fixmbr utilities.  Or just
install EasyBCD at that point.