Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2007 23:10:03 +0200
From:      Fabian Wenk <fabian@wenks.ch>
To:        Yong Rao <yrao@force10networks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kldload issue: "Exec format error" with amd64 FreeBSD

Hello Yong

Yong Rao wrote:
> Is there example makefile(device driver code set) we can refer to?

I don't know much about programming, but probably having a look
into the follwing folders will help you to find the information
needed:

/usr/src/sys/
	here is a Makefile for the whole kernel, I guess

/usr/src/sys/dev/
	device drivers which could be in the kernel

/usr/src/sys/dev/em/
	eg. here are the files of the Intel NIC driver

/usr/src/sys/modules/em/Makefile
	the Makefile for the Intel NIC kernel modul?

The chapter "II. Device Drivers" [1] in the "FreeBSD Architecture
Handbook" [2] probably is also helpful.

   [1]
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/devicedrivers.html
   [2]