Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 02:30:30 -0400
From:      "johnny" <jyclee@hotmail.com>
To:        "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>, "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Hello

most likely you burned the iso image correctly but your cdrom isn't a
bootable variety.  This is probably because you are trying to install on a
older computer or have a non (cheap) cd rom.  If that's not the case, there
are rare situations with cheaper cd-recorders that cannot record the
information correctly.  Either case it's not an issue since you can find and
make the startup floppies very easily.  For me i've never had a problem
booting the freebsd cdrom from a clean system.

> Hello!
>
> > The FBSD 4 CD set is available from many FBSD FTP sites. Many people
think
> > they can just download the ISO image, burn it to CD and away they go.
Well