Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:14:06 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Nestor Wheelock <nestor@mingus.eyedotmind.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   just what does kserel mean?

I have searched all over the net for a good definition of what the top
state, "kserel" means.  When I run mysql this is the state in which it
runs.

   PID USERNAME  THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
  2117 mysql      17  20    0   323M 59080K kserel 0   0:02  0.00% mysqld

I'm a newbie with freebsd and am concerned that this might be some sort of
problem since my installation of Mysql turned out to be rather
challenging.

Thanks,
Nestor