Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:03:54 -0700
From:      Steve Madsen <steve@dvart.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another odd combination for fxtv 0.48

First off, is there a mailing list archive where I can search for this stuff
before mailing the list?  I checked the fxtv home page and the README and
didn't see a reference.

Anyhow, I have a second development machine at home that I now have up and
running FreeBSD with a Hauppauge WinTV stereo card.  This particular machine
has a Diamond Viper V330 (8MB) in it, which is based on the Riva 128ZX chip.
I have noticed that as soon as fxtv switches into MIT-SHM mode, video just
stops.  If the window is obscured, the video just goes black and doesn't
come back until it is fully unobscured.

Is there a bug in XFree86 3.3.3 that prevents MIT-SHM from working on this
chip?  Is there a way I can fall back to XImages?

--
Steve Madsen <steve@dvart.com>
Digital Video Art, Inc.