Date:      Tue, 25 May 2004 14:13:24 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI-CA 20040514 import

> Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:12:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
>
> This commit fixes the immediate resume upon second suspend problem that
> Thinkpads had with the last import.  Leaving the shared GPE disabled at
> runtime caused this problem.  There are some other nice fixes so please
> cvsup and test.

This did the trick for my T30. I can now suspend and resume repeatedly.

I think that I am now down to a single resume problem (assuming jhb
commits the acpi_video patches to support DPMS) and that's one that imp
actually fixed once with his initial PCI power code commit. I had
assumed that, once he had the power code all back in the tree (with
fixes to the problems that showed up), it would work properly again,
but, as of this morning, no such luck.

It's so close that i can almost taste it! (Not that I have any idea what
a clean resume tastes like...just that it will almost certainly be very
good.)

As always, thanks so much for all of your efforts on this, Nate!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)