Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 21:06:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   nca0 panic

this is the results of when I am unzipping a file from my cd-rom onto my
dos machine under os/2...  the cdrom is mounted via nfs...

this message is repeated 6 times before the panic:
nca0/4/0 (cd0) timed out

this is the panic message:

fault virtual address  = 0xefc45734
fault code             = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer    = 0x8:0xf010bab2
code segment           = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, def 321, gra 1
processor eflags       = interupt enable resume, IOPL=0
current process        = 108 (nfsd)
interupt mask          = net tty bio

here is the results that pertain to the problem from dmesg:

FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE #3: Sun Jul  2 00:19:39 PDT 1995
    johng@unix.nike.efn.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/nike
CPU: i486DX (486-class CPU)
real memory  = 8257536 (2016 pages)
avail memory = 6991872 (1707 pages)
Probing for devices on the ISA bus:

[...]

nca0 at 0x350-0x35f irq 7 on isa
nca0: type NCR-53C400
nca0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
nca0/4/0 parity error
nca0/4/0 parity error
nca0/4/0 parity error
(nca0:4:0): "NEC CD-ROM DRIVE:210 1.0" type 5 removable SCSI 1
cd0(nca0:4:0): CD-ROM nca0/4/0 parity error
nca0/4/0 parity error
nca0/4/0 parity error
cd present.[300225 x 2048 byte records]

[...]

nca0/4/0 parity error
nca0/4/0 parity error
nca0/4/0 too many parity errors, not logging any more

if you guys need a copy of my kernel I can put it up for download...

also... is there any plans of implimenting SCSI 1 audio commands...
Thanks for all the help you guys have provided...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)