Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2013 02:09:06 +0200
From:      Matthias Petermann <matthias@d2ux.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Laptop Fn key causes X (Gnome 2) to sleep immediately

Hi,

a short update on this. I just found out: at least in Gnome 2 the
behavior can be prevented by using the gconf-settings tool, changing the
value of the key "/apps/gnome-power-manager/buttons/suspend" from
"suspend" to "nothing". Seems like some ubuntu users had the same issue
as I found the workaround there.

Kind regards,
Matthias