Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2005 16:14:04 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unifying WWW: pkg-descr lines for cpan ports

Bill Fenner wrote:

> Any comments?

I'm really glad that you brought this to our attention, and I agree that
having a standardized way of doing this will be a great help for maintainers
now, and in the future (when existing ports are copied as examples). This is
exactly the kind of cooperation that Open Source projects should have, and
I'll be glad to help with this update if needed.

I respectfully disagree with Erwin, given that this change (at least the
first group) won't alter how anything works, I think it should be done ASAP.
If a tag has to slide on a port for the release and "hits" one of these
altered files, not only will it not be a bad thing, it will probably be a
good thing.

hth,

Doug