Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:26:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@earthlink.net>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PVR250 hanging

--- Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@earthlink.net> wrote:
> cxm0: LG Innotek TAPC-H701F tuner
> cxm0: SAA7115 rev 1 video decoder
> cxm0: MSP3445G-B8 audio decoder
> cxm0: IR Remote
> cxm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> cxm0: encoder firmware version 0x2050032

looks good

> If I repeat the commands, then it "seems" to accept it:
> # pvr250-setchannel -m 1
> # pvr250-setchannel 11
> #

That is normal behaviour...
In my script I repeat the setchannel command 3 times or so... :-))
And I never missed a show due to that problem since then (taken from "A Few
Good Men")...
        pvr250-setchannel -g 352x576 -a on -t -m 4 $3
        sleep 2
        pvr250-setchannel -g 352x576 -a on -t -m 4 $3
        sleep 2
        pvr250-setchannel -g 352x576 -a on -t -m 4 $3
        sleep 2
        pvr250-setchannel -g 352x576 -a on -t -m 4 $3

> I proceed on to a test:
> # cat /dev/cxm0 > foo.mpg

I did that the first time on my very old fax-dsl-ntp-pvr-server and had similar
problems...
I do not know how it comes but I have no stability problems (uptimes over 40
days with about 4hrs pvr recording every day) since I use very high block
sizes...

Try
  dd if=/dev/cxm0 of=/tmp/bla ibs=1m
Or
  dd if=/dev/cxm0 of=/tmp/bla bs=1m
???

I wrote a little C program, that does this quite nicely even over a network
without crashes... If u want, I can send it to the list... It is quite short...

Furthermore u should turn off any power saving feature, if u want to use pvr250
port, because the driver seems to hate power saving...

> Any clues would be much appreciated.

Hope it helped u 2...

-Arne

Want to start your own business?