Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:04:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Dave H." <hummel@www.snybuf.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Seizure while exiting X

	After typing "exit" in my main xterm, I experienced a full
keyboard and screen siezure. Most of the applications closed, but
beforelight did not close down, and xcdplayer was only partially shut down
(main graphics still there, no text). Cntrl-Alt-Backspace did nothing as
did Cntrl-Alt-F*. Any idea how to prevent this, or more importantly, what
to do when this occurs? I found nothing in the mailing lists, but I
thought I may have heard of a similar problem (with solution) somewhere
before.
System: AMD 133 on Ocean Hippo, 24meg RAM, Diamond Stealth PCI
OS: 2.1.7, XFree86 running XF86_S3, TWM window manager
Thanks,
Dave