Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:52:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        jasone@canonware.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Beginning SPARC port

> 1) Is it possible with cvsup to maintain my own source tree with my
> modifications, yet stay synched with current, so that once I have the
> kernel running, I can submit a single update to the current tree (or have
> someone with write access do it for me)?

Yes, this is possible. You can have your own branches in the local
copy of the FreeBSD source tree. This allows you to merge in -current
changes into your branch, etc.

I don't know the details of how to do it though.. I think you just
do a checkin/branch or whatever, and it just works (ie, won't get
overwritten).. can someone confirm this?

-Archie