Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:49:34 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@noc.ntua.gr>
Cc:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: An alternative Eclipse 3 port

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 04:16:21PM +0300, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> I have updated the port skeleton in the above URL. This iteration builds
> Eclipse 3.0 RC3, contains a number of cleanups and bugfixes and sports
> two new configuration options:

Great work Panagiotis!

> - defining WITHOUT_GNOMEVFS skips the build of libswt-gnome-gtk-3061.so
> and avoids the dependency on the GNOME libraries
>
> - defining ECLIPSE_MOTIF builds the motif version of Eclipse.
>
> The motif version is not buildable yet, although I have made some
> progress besides the infrastructure part. I hope to have it ready by the
> time that Eclipse 3.0 ships next week.
>
> I would appreciate any comments, even alternative names for the
> variables (I know I suck at that).

I think the Gnome variable is fine (since I don't think you can do this
with OPTIONS).  I'd change the Motif variable to either be WITH_MOTIF or
just rely on the user setting USE_MOTIF.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org