Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 12:45:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Christoph Haas <chris@acme1.ruhr.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update 2.1-STABLE -> 2.1.5-RELEASE

> Ok, now that 2.1.5-BETA is out, there is still one question left: Will
> there be an easy way to updgrade from 2.1-STABLE to 2.1.5-RELEASE ?

Umm, 2.1-STABLE *isn't* a release and is (was) an ongoing version.
Since 2.1-STABLE existed for a *long* time and not a 'checkpoint'
release it would be very difficult to provide a single 'upgrade' target
given your constraints below.

> think of some kind of ctm that I have to install and 'make world' after
> that.  Are there any plans to do such an easy upgrade ?

Since your 2.1-STABLE is different from mine, and probably different
from every other person in the world building a 'custom' CTM for every
person is impossible.

Nate