Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dhawk@netcom.com (David H)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Example of How to Use Ports?

I've been wanting to install tinyfugue on my system, but haven't
been able to figure out the ports setup. My machine has a T1
connection (which is how I get to it) but the cd-rom drive died,
so I've been unable to see if what I need is on the cd-rom.

I've read through the web page stuff about ports, but it didn't quite
jell for me. What would be very helpful is a walk-through, like
a 1-2-3 list of
1. mkdir /usr/ports
2. put something in a file
etc.

Anything like that available?

Thanks.

later, david
--
David Hawkins - dhawk@netcom.com -  DoD#1113
There are two insults no human being will endure: that he has no sense of