Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2016 20:04:39 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox printing very ugly

El día Thursday, October 20, 2016 a las 11:38:06AM -0400, Anton Yuzhaninov escribió:

> On 10/20/16 06:25, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
> In Firefox your can open Web Inspector (Ctrl+Shift+c), point to text and
> then view in Font tab which font is actually selected by Firefox for
> given text.

Thanks for digging into this.

> If it shows:
> Foo Bar system
> used as Helvetica

It shows:

    Helvetica Regular system

    Used as: "Helvetica"

> your can check via
> $ fc-match 'Foo Bar'
> which font file selected by fontconfig for this font name.

$ fc-match 'Helvetica Regular'
DejaVuSans.ttf: "DejaVu Sans" "Book"

> Is font shown by fc-match is TTF/OTF font?

Seems to be a TTF one, isn't it?

> If your don't have Geneva,Helvetica,Arial fonts installed your can
> create aliases in fontconfig xml config, see e. g.
> https://seasonofcode.com/posts/how-to-set-default-fonts-and-font-aliases-on-linux.html
> I also use aliases for common font family names, but prefer other fonts.

Will check this hint too. Thanks.

> > It looks fine in the firefox, but when I print it to a local file
> > mozilla.pdf or mozilla.ps it looks very ugly.
>
> Is in "Print Preview" text rendered in readable form?

Yes, looks fine.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Einheitsfeier? Nein, danke! Kann ich bitte mein Land wiederhaben und am 7. Oktober feiern.