Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:46:45 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>, Matthew Hall <mhall@nms.fnc.fujitsu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hard lockups since cvsup'ing Jul 1st. Help!

At 03:38 PM 7/3/01 -0400, Kevin Way wrote:
> > The kernel/world I built on Sunday night seem to lock my
> > system up hard after 3-5 minutes.
>
>Similar problem here.  My system hard locked after a fresh world

I would either try compiling a kernel without mfs, or cvsup again to make
sure you have the latest commit which just went in a few min it ago.

-----------------
tegge       2001/07/03 12:17:31 PDT

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
     sys/ufs/mfs          mfs_vfsops.c mfsnode.h
   Log:
   After the last nullfs MFC filesystems need to start their per-vnode private
   data with a struct lock unless they override VOP_LOCK/VOP_UNLOCK and
   VOP_ISLOCKED.

   Reviewed by:  dillon

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.81.2.2  +2 -1      src/sys/ufs/mfs/Attic/mfs_vfsops.c
   1.12.2.1  +2 -1      src/sys/ufs/mfs/Attic/mfsnode.h