Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 09:45:43 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make Release Question

As Simon Shapiro wrote:

> Make release produces:
>
> cc -static -o boot_crunch boot_crunch.o sh.lo find.lo pwd.lo ft.lo ppp.lo
> sysinstall.lo newfs.lo gzip.lo cpio.lo bad144.lo fsck.lo ifconfig.lo
> route.lo slattach.lo mount_nfs.lo -ll -ledit -lutil -lkvm -lmd -lcrypt
> -lftpio -lalias -ldialog -lncurses -lmytinfo -L/usr/src/release/libdisk/obj
> -ldisk -lipx
> ppp.lo: Undefined symbol `_dlopen' referenced from text segment
> ppp.lo: Undefined symbol `_dlerror' referenced from text segment

Hmm, i've created a -current SNAP yesterday.  I think the problem is
with ppp trying to dlopen() the NAT alias library.  Only dynamically
linked binaries can call dlopen().

I wonder why it works in -current...  I thought the discussed solution
was to conditionalize the NAT inclusion with a compile-time -D option,
and do not include it into the binary for the installation floppy.

--
cheers, J"org