Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:11:46 +0300
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   change old running scripts with rcNG

Hello!

I've found rcNG-style scripts very convenient. I just set
servicename_enable="YES" and port specific variable as
servicename_opt="..." and I have not to rename
PREFIX/etc/rc.d/script.sh-dist or like that.

What maintainers think to move to rcNG style scripts?
You can take a look at mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin port as an example.

I'd like to see this feature at least for squid, apache, dante, mysql,
postgresql, snort, dhcpd etc. This is a reason I Bcc'ed them.

---
Sem.