Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:16:11 -0700
From:      Matthew Ahrens <mahrens@delphix.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@ixsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd vfs, solaris vfs, zfs

If you liked Andriy's article, you will probably also enjoy his talk on
this subject from the European OpenZFS Conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DoB-QDwVuBH4&index=3D8&list=3DPLaUVvul17xS=
cyhIYmGjaNaGSWI49qyf6K

http://www.open-zfs.org/w/images/9/98/Andriy_-_FreeBSD_Dev_Talk.pdf

The video is much more detailed than the slides, so I'd encourage checking
it out.  If you only have 10 minutes, start around 16:30 for the "TL;DW".

The beginning of the video is about how they tested ZFS, the ZPL in
particular.  Around 12:00 he talks about several problems he discovered
with the FreeBSD ZFS code that were due to differences between illumos and
FreeBSD VFS.  Then around 20:00 he talks about how to fix the problems.

--matt