Date:      Fri,  6 Feb 2004 17:29:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG (Joseph Koshy)
To:        Sridhar Chellappa <schellap@spinnakernet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Threads

Sridhar,

> I heard that even Interrupts run under kernel threads context

See ithread(9).

> How can a kernel thread yield CPU when it detects it is idle?

kthread_suspend(), or yield().  See kthread(9), mi_switch(9).

Let me also answer your questions(s) at another level: I have found
information about the kernel in the following places:

1. The section 9 manual pages
2. The FreeBSD Arch Handbook
3. The FreeBSD Handbook
4. The sources -- use 'glimpse' on a checked out -CURRENT tree.
5. Under /usr/share/doc/papers/

If you find some documentation to be missing, and you had to figure out
something non-obvious, please file a PR with sample text.

Regards,
Koshy
<jkoshy@freebsd.org>