Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:23:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob S <fireman@shaw.wave.ca>
To:        "Carnick, John M" <john.carnick@eds.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Is FreeBSD LINUX?

FreeBSD isn't Linux, and isn't related to the Linux project.
FreeBSD is unix or at least it's roots are unix based, Linux
is unix-like. The BSD project also predates the beginning
of the linux project. If you are considering installing
either FreeBSD or Linux, a good rule of thumb is linux
for the desktop and freebsd as a server, although I like
freebsd as a desktop machine and linux has been successfully
used as low traffic servers.

regards
rob

E-Mail: Rob S <fireman@shaw.wave.ca>