Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 10:57:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Joe Nieten <jln@lincom-asg.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java for FreeBSD

On 25-May-99 Joe Nieten wrote:
> At 10:37 AM 5/25/99 -0400, Patrick Gardella wrote:
>>
>>On 25-May-99 Joe Nieten wrote:
>>> Thanks for the response, but someone else has already informed me
>>> that FreeBSD does not and will not support JDK 1.2 until the
>>> Blackdown source code is released.
>>
>>Just a clarification.  The FreeBSD Java Team is working on JDK 1.2
>>right now.  The Blackdown source code would make our lives easier,
>>but it is not *necessary* for the port to occur.
>>
>>Patrick
>
> Understood.  BTW, are you also working on the JRE?
>
> We need this for distribution of our product.

Yes.  It goes hand in hand with the JDK.

It will be availible on http://www.freebsd.org/java/ where the JRE 1.1.7
is now availible.

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9