Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:17:04 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   VMware failing with Z505HS BIOS update

This is mostly just a headsup to anyone who might be thinking about
upgrading the bios in their Z505 since sony have released a chunk of
XP drivers and bios. I went up to the 'W2k bios' some time ago with no
ill effects so thought I'd try the 'xp bios' upgrade.

After the upgrade vmware complained about the host system's bios not
being up to date and barfed in various interesting ways (protection
error in windows or just crashed long before then).

Took the bios back to the w2k image, all is well again.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu