Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:51:45 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        Diego Linke - GAMK <linke@calnet.com.br>
Subject:   Re: I have four ideia for IPFW2

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 09:43:55AM +1000, Gregory Bond wrote:
> > My idea is an keyword specific for each interface.
> > Sample:
> > ipfw add allow ip from any to me_xl0 via xl0
>
> This is easy to do with a little bit of shell hacking in rc.firewall
> 	me_xl0=`ifconfig xl0 | awk '/inet /{ print $2;}'`

actually not. "me" is evaluated at runtime so if the interface
address changes your awk hack will fail.

This said, "... to me_xl0 via xl0 " (where btw i do not understand
the 'via' part as it will only make sense as 'in recv xl0') seems
to break in case you are multihomed because it would require people
to use a different address to talk to you according to which side
they are...

	cheers
	luigi