Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:19:04 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@nojunk.com>
To:        <space@dsl-only.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your program is looking really *****

Original Message dated 1/14/00, 10:31:12 PM
Author: <space@dsl-only.net>
Re: your program is looking really *****:

From the start of thing I wanted to try a Unix platform out,
so I tried linux different flavors, all crap to me
I try Fbsd out "hay this looks pretty nice, put to gether with a
little more thought,"
Well the father I get into playing with it the more this s*** sucks.
I buy the cdrom v.3.3 of fbsd, all go well, compiling the kernel works
unlike linux, so I was very happy to say the  least.
no I try to up grade, fine that turn out to be a crock of s***, not
going into details.
this makes me made, well think that it must be me, I format install
the basic install,
then cvsup upgrade again that go ok, hay I just upgraded the same
f*** version how nice.
well f*** this,
download and install 3.3 since I have no access to the site for 3.4 or
all f**** links are broken,
so I them try to install some packages from the net, error out the a**
downloads the file then error depends failed yada yada,
I really fill for the money I spent I got S*** and a lot of it,
the files the book that come with the os say to use this file on the
cd and the isn't even their,
that was ok with me because I could fine other was around the issue.
but this crape of the MAIN freebsd.org site doesn't have the file to
download on 1 of the 6 sites in the mirrored use does, Hmmm
At least NWx and Ms$ don't have s*** links and fails advertisement as
you do.
I have seen more failures with this os then with NT or Novell,
and to top it off install as you say sucks, but real os's at least win
you pay for the one that have to support the os at least make a
products that installs right and they back the installations better
then I have seen hear.

I would be nice to run something that works like all the claims state.

-space

Dear Mr "Space",

if you entered a spaceship (irony *involuntary* here), you would
certainly meet some difficulties in finding your way in it at first.
Haven't you ever dreamt of a spaceship (e.g. USS Enterprise in Star=20
Trek) ?

Such a means *is* a complex structure: do you know how much training
it is necessary that the NASA guys should take in order to accomplish
their missions in space (and we are a long way from Star Trek
spaceshift "technology", BTW) ? Have you ever imagined ?

Incidentally, there is little room at NASA for a guy with your English
"performance" and "competence". Just think of it.

FreeBSD is one of the most powerful and performing OS in the world
(probably even the best one available) nowadays: it is THE Spaceship
of Operating Systems ...

If you wish to enter this spaceship, you have to *learn* how to use
it. It is *by* *no* *means* *easy*; BTW, even at Nasa, they do NOT=20
want lazy and incompetent people.

 =20
Otherwise, you can always stick to that obsolescent=20
internal-combustion-engine rotten car of Windows.

It is only *your* choice.

N.B. my_fake_antispam_domain =3D=3D=3D> neomedia.it to e-mail to me.

Sincerely
Salvo Bartolotta