Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 11:54:17 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Josh2 Lists <josh2@marvin.albury.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xl0 no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!

On Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:05:09 +1100, Josh2 Lists wrote:

> I rebuilt the kernel and everything was happy.
>
> Now its done it again. I notice that the driver has been changed
> again (From -stable 09-11-1999)
> 83717 Nov  9 15:33 if_xl.c
> 25404 Nov  9 15:34 if_xlreg.h
>
> Has anyone solved this problem? or got any great idea's?
> Will the newer files compile / fix the problem?

I seem to remember the driver's author asking for feedback from folks
using ethernet cards with your chip.  He'll want dmesg output with as
detailed a description of the problem as you sent here, plus he'll want
the version numbers of the source files in question, not just the file
sizes. You can get the version numbers using the ident(1) command.

The driver's author is Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.org>.

Ciao,
Sheldon.