Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:23:36 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jerome Culet JD <jculet@slip.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP

On Sun, Dec 14, 1997 at 09:40:02AM -0800, Jerome Culet JD wrote:

> I am having trouble loging on to my ISP with PPP and getting a conection with
> my browser. Perhaps you culd turn me on to a simple loin script.
>
> I have a dedicated ip of 207.171.241.46 (via ISP)
> The ip on local machine is 208.202.191.146
> The ISP's DNS is 204.160.88.10
>
> THIS IS THE INFO THEY GAVE ME
>
> dedicated host name IP address
> jculet.ip.slip.net
> Here's parameters you will need to login
>         Username: Sjculet
>         Password: Use your existing password
>         IP Address: 207.171.241.46
>         DNS Entry: jculet.ip.slip.net
> Can you give me any ideas? I have apache up on my local 2 machine network.

Well, the first suggestion is to get the link working before worrying
about apache.  The second would be to tell us what the problems are.
In this connection it would be helpful, for example, to know which
kind of ppp you're using (kernel ppp, aka pppd, or user ppp, aka ppp).
The third would be to explain what you mean by "dedicated ip" and "ip
on local machine".  I would normally expect them to be the same.
Which is your end, which is the ISP's end?

Greg