Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:56:23 -0500
From:      Mark Lorenc <malorenc@td.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New Mirror

Hello:

I've been in the process of revamping and bringing online a newly
revised public ftp/www/cvsup server at Rutgers University. The purpose
of the mirror is to provide a highly available and convinient access
service to primarily the univeristy community, and to users of
opensource software worldwide. I would very much like to add FreeBSD
to what I am mirroring.

Well over a TB of disk is available for the task, located on a
Clariion RAID 5 and a Sun 220R running solaris8. The link itself, when
including I2 connectivity, has approximately 185Mb of bandwidth. There
is a long term commitment in mind for this, and I feel it would be
beneficial for everyone involved.

Per the documentation at:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/mirror-becomingofficial.html

I thought it would be proper to email you guys first before I actually
started sucking down data. I have all the requirements all set up and
good to go, and would love to start. What do you say?

Thanks,
-Mark

--
Mark Lorenc                               Rutgers University Computing Services
Systems Programmer                                  Telecommunications Division