Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2015 23:38:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't make buildworld: very quick error

My original post didn't appear on the list as downloaded, but one response indicates it made the list.

Anyway, I found the reason for the buildworld failure as I was later unable to update ports, even pkg, with portmaster.

Filesystem was corrupted, as evidenced by booting back to 10.1-STABLE amd64 and running fsck_ffs -y on the partition in question, not mounted.

I kept getting errors on unreadable sectors, and it might have gone on forever had I not stopped it with Ctrl-C.

Corrupted installation, 10-STABLE i386, was on a 32 GB Kingston Data Traveler USB 3.0.

So all I can do is give up on this USB stick, it looks kaputt.  End of story on this issue.

Tom