Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 07:07:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, freebsd@timog.prestel.co.uk, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS & SLICE?

Funny thing is, for 23 days this computer survived a LOT of bashing on its
MFS, and was stable. Here's a possibility: run a test system out of memory
(and release it of course) including swap (you know swap_pager: out of
memory), and see if it's still stable, as I think that may have been the
problem. If so, maybe there aren't some memory allocation checks in the
MFS code (I'll go through it today) which could have caused a kernel trap
but still no panic?

Cheers,
Brian Feldman