Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:39:54 -0500
From:      "HOLLOW, CHRISTOPHER" <christopher.hollow@cgi.com>
To:        "Shawn Guillemette" <shawn@guillemette.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RCS

Hi Shawn,

   Depending on your needs, I would suggest checking out CVS
(cvshome.org).  The CVS system is built on top of RCS and designed to
manage entire software projects.  The CVS client comes base system in
BSD and most *NIX systems.  Take a look at cvsd
(http://tiefighter.et.tudelft.nl/~arthur/cvsd/) in the ports collection
for a CVS pserver.  CVSWeb (http://www.freebsd.org/projects/cvsweb.html)
, a project maintained by none other than FreeBSD,  is a nifty add-on
that lets you browse CVS repositories through a browser.  My setup
includes a lot of Windows users so I also use TortoiseCVS
(www.tortoisecvs.org) to allow Win-users CVS functionality.

The documentation on all of these is quite good.  It took me from the
ground up.  Take a look and post back if you have any specific technical
questions/issues/problems.

HTH,

Christopher Hollow