Date:      Thu,  9 Mar 1995 18:24:33 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ncftp ftp://site/dir/foo.tar.gz

In message <199503082044.MAA16237@forgery.CS.Berkeley.EDU> Satoshi
    Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?=
    =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?= writes:

> * Ncftp has problems with  wu-ftpd if you try to get a directory foo/ as
> * foo.tar.gz.

>Well, the question is: how easy is this to fix?  Actually blindly
>getting /path1/path2/dir.tar.gz is not a very good idea, as it will
>include all the pathnames in the tar file.

>Do you think we can change ncftp to issue a CWD command first?
>Andrew, are you there? :)

Situation more complex that you think, I have working ncftp
for both wu-ftpd and normal ftpd, but _sometimes_ it hangs.
Can you try ncftp to wu-ftpd _several_times_? I think,
one of this runs will be sucessful. So, IMHO it is some IP
problems, not internal logic problems.
It is relatively hard to fix it for me, because I am not IP expert.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -