Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2017 12:42:50 +0000
From:      Nimrod Levy <nimrodl@gmail.com>
Subject:   ryzen issues?

I've been having a problem with a recent computer build.  I've got a Ryzen
5 1600 on an Asus Prime B350+ motherboard.  When it runs, it runs well.  I
don't see things like programs crashing or anything like that.  What I do
see is the occasional (almost daily) system lockup.  When it hangs, the
console is totally unresponsive as is the power button and my only option
is to completely power cycle.  I've seen this on 11.1-RELEASE and on
11-STABLE. I've tried various clock adjustments in the bios as well as
updating to the latest version there.  I've run memtest86 on it for nearly
12 hours and it didn't report any errors.

I'm not sure how to begin to troubleshoot this as there are no clues that I
can see in the logs and I don't see any dump information on the console.
I'm able to troubleshoot, reboot, build a kernel or whatever is necessary.

Nimrod