Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:47:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        rtbrown@tiac.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: floppy installation

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 rtbrown@tiac.net wrote:

> I was able to install via floppy all the /bin sets, but does a
> particular file need to be on the last diskette? i.e., bin.inf,
> bin.mtree, checksum.md5, or install.sh?

I believe the .inf file for the next distribution has to be there if
you're loading more than just bin.  sysinstall knows how many files are in
the bin distribution and will stop when it gets them all.

> Also, once I complete this exercise successfully, is there a place on
> your site where I can read about the configuration of dial-up and
> ethernet connectivity, as well as, the installation of vi???

Yes, check out the handbook.  Dialup is in the handbook, ethernet is in
/etc/sysconfig (just modify the ifconfig lines).

vi comes preinstalled on the system.