Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 21:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vi editor behaving like a bad boy...

I started using vi in linux and it became my favorite
text editor. Now, in my two installations of freeBSD
vi is practically impossible to use. The most basic
shorcuts like pressing i or insert to start typing
dont work. I always end up screwing up the texts i
open with vi. I really dont know what is causing this
problem. Is it a configuration problem? In linux vi
would work perfectly from the default installation,
isnt it so in freebsd? I would appreciate any input in
this matter.

   Thanks a lot,  Roberto Armenteros...