Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:03:02 +0100
From:      Fergus Cameron <tofergus@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What VPN would you recommend?

we're working on this for our se's who are roaming in europe.  i'm not
familiar with cisco's vpn client (windows?) but we are going to use PGP
once it's tested (so far i'm not impressed with the stability of 7.0.1).

i'm guessing the clients are very similar.

it's pretty simple to initiate (theoretically) & you should have no trouble
using any protocol as the clients are just IPsec implmentations.  the problem
is that you then have to open up your servers VPN config to the whole world
(or at least everyone on your providers network) & hope your key integrity
holds out.

that bit i don't like 'cause if someone hacks the laptops then they are in
as PGP doesn't store the keys encrypted.