Date:      26 Dec 2002 14:48:22 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, nakai@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mono way out of date

On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 14:44, Juli Mallett wrote:
> * De: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> [ Data: 2002-12-26 ]
> 	[ Subjecte: Re: mono way out of date ]
> > On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 08:58, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> > > I think I sent a request to have this updated sometime back.  The response I
> > > was given was that boehm-gc was out of date and it seems to have been
> > > dropped at that.  It appears to me that boehm-gc is at the latest version,
> > > 6.1.   I would like to see the 5.0 FreeBSD release contain the latest mono,
> > > so if whomever is responsible for this port, could again pick up the ball
> > > and get this updated to 0.17, it would be greatly appreciated by at least
> > > me.
> >
> > I personally have no interest in maintaining mono at this time.  Juli
> > Mallet has expressed interest in maintaining it, as well as the reason
> > why it hasn't been updated (boehm issues).
> >
> > I've done a update to 0.17 available as a diff at
> > http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/freeze/.  However, it will not be
> > going into 5.0-RELEASE.  I'm not even sure it works.  I wouldn't mind
> > signing mono over to someone that would be more interested in
> > maintaining it.

> I'll maintain it, sure.  0.17 works...  But I want to see the port have
> 0.18 (not out yet) or possibly a point release off 0.17 when it is next
> updated as it eliminates a lot of our patches.

I meant I'm not sure if the update I did will work.  I'd like to see the
explicit link to libc in libgc removed.  That may help things.  Can you
verify my 0.17 update works?

I think sobomax might have a vested interest in mono, so I hesitate to
sign it over just yet.  If he doesn't want, it's yours, Juli.

Joe