Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:19:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Fred Clift <fred@veriohosting.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: changed pci bus probe order from 3.2 to 4.0 -- ideas?

> i suppose the only place where you use the actual card names
> is the firewall config and rc.conf -- can't you just make these
> scripts fetch the ethernet address of the card(s), set a shell
> variable with the name of the good card, and go ahead with that ?

Yeah I'm about to the point of doing this for lack of other options.
Thanks for the sample code -- I'm sure it'll come in handy if I can solve
this any other way.

The best fix would be to find a way to hard-wire which card is which in
the kernel config (ie fxp0 is always on pci0...) but I dont know if you
can do that kind of thing with pci devices.

Thanks for the help.

--
Fred Clift - fred@veriohosting.com -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.