Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:23:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Tom Embt <tom@embt.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Microsoft service packs... (was many other threads...)

My friend (MCSE) is on site right now.. NT is crashing left and right,
with no indications why.  He's swapping memory right now...

Here's the scoop (as i see it):  Unix excels at networking and efficiency.
It tends to be a little weak in ease-of-use.  Windows excels on the
desktop because it shields users from complexity.  But it wasn't designed
from the ground up for networking, and that is its handicap.  Shielding
users is one thing, but sheilding admins from important info is a poor
idea.  All the layers in NT _seem_ to make it difficult to get an accurate
picture of what is going wrong further down.

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Tom Embt wrote:

>Perhaps one cannot mention NT without feeling an intense need to vent
>frustration.
>
>As for Win2K, I crash it constantly, but I think it's mostly a "video
>driver thing".
>
>Tom Embt

-jm

---------
He who laughs last... obviously didn't get the joke.