Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:57:38 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Unix Haters Handbook

Aren Olvalde Tyr wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Anyway, wanted to share my discovery. I know many knows this book, but
>> perhaps many also don't.
>
> Very amusing/interesting. I knew of the "Unix haters" journal/e-mail list, but
> didn't realise that a book existed.
>
> Aren.

I'm afraid I've not time to RTFT today (at least not
ATM), but I've got to ask a few questions of this list:

1.  FreeBSD is not UNIX, by definition and agreement.
So, does the book really apply?  Will another lawsuit
loom large on the horizon if it does?  Does SCO have
personnel who "check out" related OSes to determine whether
they meet the appropriate "UNIX-hating" criteria? (ref.
POSIX).

2.  Is 'UNIX-hating' an acquired taste/skill/disability?
Is it possible to be stupid/ignorant/naive enough to not
hate UNIX?

3.  Should we hunt down the author, install FBSD on his
machine(s), chant "make install clean" repeatedly whilst
we transliterate his work into groff, Tex, Docbook and LaTEX
via the stuff in ports/converters?  Perhaps he's never run
a modern OS ....

Just trolling,

Kevin Kinsey

--