Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:23:10 +0000
From:      Brian Bobowski <bbobowski@cogeco.ca>
To:        Mike Jackson <mjj@isorauta.ntc.nokia.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting without keyboard.

On October 6, 2003 01:16 pm, Mike Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>  You could try a USB keyboard. I'm not sure if USB Hotplugging is
> working in FBSD or not, but it *should* work theoretically.
>
>  I don't know of any systems that allow PS/2 hotplugging.
>
> BR,
> --
> mike

USB hotplugging definitely works as of 5.1-CURRENT; I've swapped my mouse and
trackball into different ports a number of times, and they work right away.

However, I don't know if this is the case as of 4.8. If you have (other) USB
peripherals, it might be worth trying a hotplug to see if it works.

-BB