Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:36:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new ports

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Jason Nordwick wrote:

> Is this sufficient?  Is there anything else that I should check?
> I'll be happy to test some this weekend.

No, although it is useful if you test it on -current when the
submitter used -stable, or vice-a-versa.

However, the port overall must agree with the whole of the
handbook's documentation on porting.  There are also a bunch of
undocumented (in the handbook's section on ports, anyways) that
the port should obey.  As a minimum the port should follow the
list of Do's and Don'ts.  It really should be checked against the
whole ports document.  When you start checking the port against
all the various undocumented rules, we'll save everyone a lot of
trouble and just tell you to commit the dang thing yourself.  :)

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk