Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:19:53 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What are duplicate INDEX entries and why do I have them?

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 03:08:29PM +0200, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

> out of curiosity, with a ports tree cvsup'ed right now and checked out
> (and for the last months as well) I see
>=20
> portsdb -Uu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..
> Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry: freeciv-gtk2-1.14.1
> Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry: mod_jk2-apache2-2.0.2
> Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry: mod_rpaf-ap2-0.5
> Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry: fvwm-imlib-2.4.18
>  Done.
>=20
> Does anyone else have duplicate INDEX entries? Is something stale in
> my ports tree?

That's normal and harmless.  It happens because you've got
WANT_APACHE2=3Dyes set in /etc/make.conf (or equivalent), and because
you've got GTK2 and imlib installed.  Those four ports are all slave
ports fairly similar to their masters but just with a changed
dependency or linking in some optional code or whatever.  However
their master ports are attempting to be a bit too clever for their own
good.  They detect that you have whatever setting or facility makes
the difference between themselves and their slave port and rename
themselves accordingly.  Hence master and slave ports both end up with
the same name.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20