Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 00:46:28 -0800
From:      Tristan Savatier <tristan@mpegtv.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, multimedia@freebsd.org, don@partsnow.com
Subject:   Re: RTP tools (was: Re: Remote and Voice control)

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> XIE is supposed to provide a general image plus conversion facility as
> to if I can get different vendors to accelerate XIE is a different
> story.

What's XIE ? Is that like XIL ?

By the way, another point: Microsoft is already working on an API
that takes interlaced into consideration.  They do that because
it becomes possible to implement MPEG-2 (DVD) in software, using
MMX and some hardware acceleration.

Unix has accumulated a considerable retard with regard to
multimedia APIs, and I don't see how it can recover from that,
really...

I still love Linux, but like everyone else, I'll be moving
to the MS platform to make $$$$.

-t