Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:55:22 +0100
From:      "José Mª Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde and kde dir (error)

Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> I think the mantainer of this port, kde1x , should probably consider
> /usr/local/kde as a good home dir for all kde dirs. Imho it is better to
> collect the file in a defined dir that have them live here and there in the
> main /usr/local tree...
>
> Comments ?

I agree. Having all the KDE directories under /usr/local is a bit
annoying. However, I think that the KDE executables should be under
/usr/local/bin, and the KDE libraries under /usr/local/lib anyway.
Changing these directories would force to modify the PATH and
even the ldconfig path.

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139