Date:      06 Mar 2003 09:34:34 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <gunnar.flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DRI errors with the XFree86 4.3.0 installation

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 01:38, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> I found when reading the /var/log/XFree86.0.log
>
> (WW) RADEON(0): [dri] Some DRI features disabled because of version mismatch.
> [dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.1.1 but 1.3.1 or later is preferred.

The DRI should still work fine, you just won't have some of the extra
features that are in 4.3.0 (TCL and sync-to-vblank for example).  I'm
working on the DRM update for -current, which should be done RSN, and
then I'll MFC it after the freeze.

For those remembering last time I said this, I was never able to track
down what in the new DRM caused problems with 4.2.0 X installations with
the new DRM, so I never committed it.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org