Date:      26 Jul 2004 17:11:58 -0000
From:      marklin-return-@scintilla.utwente.nl
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ezmlm response

marklin@scintilla.utwente.nl mailing list.

at marklin-owner@scintilla.utwente.nl.

4. Changing address
5. Digest list
6. Policies
7. Where to find more information

- 1 - Topic of this list

This list is meant for discussion on hobby Model-railroading with
Marklin modell-trains.

- 2 - Subscribing

To subscribe to the Marklin Mailinglist, send a message to:

                     marklin-subscribe@scintilla.utwente.nl

You will receive a confirmation request which you will have to reply to
before you really are subscribed. Normally hitting the reply button will
insert the correct correct address, but please check it against the address
listed in body of the confirmation-request if you have problems with
replying.

- 3 - Unsubscribing

To unsubscribe from a mailinglist, send a message to

And reply to the confirmation-request you receive

- 4 - Address Change

In the event of an address change, it would probably be the wisest to first
send an unsubscribe for the old address (this can be done from the new
address), and then a new subscribe to the new address (the order is important).

- 5 - Digest List

There's a digested version of the Marklin Mailinglist available to people
who don't want to receive each message directly. Send a message to

                 marklin-digest-subscribe@scintilla.utwente.nl

to subscribe yourself and

to get yourself removed from the digest-list. For the digest list too you
will receive a confirmation-request for your action to which you will have
to reply to activate it, just as it is with the normal list.

- 6 - Policies

The 'behave yourself part': It's is not allowed to send:
* attachments. For example but not limited to pictures, word-documents,
  excel-sheets, execultables, etc.etc. These message are very large so they:
  (1) put a huge load on our mailserver
  (2) fill up other subscribers mailboxes
  (3) forces many people to take  a coffeebreak while downloading their mail.
* Advertisements. What are advertisements?
  (1) promotional message for a dealer
  (2) overly enthousiastic stories about one certain product only.
  (3) Links to 'new items' on dealer ABC's homepage
  (4) Anything else that will possible give someone directly or indirectly
      financial profit resulting from your message
  Why don't we allow this? The mailinglist is hosted behind a university
  network, which is a not for profit organisation. So no commercial
  activities.
* buy and sell message Please go to http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/marklin/
  and place an advert in the Market-place.
* Anything that contains abusive language or insults to other members,
  mations, cultures, etc.
* replies to messages where you quote the complete messages. Only include
  relevant parts if it's nescessary to clarify your response. Your audience
  recevied the same message you are relying to, they already know what's going
  on or else they will reread the thread.

When you send a message it's best to:
* Read your message when you've finished writing it.
* Read it again afer you did the suggestion on the line above.
* Use your common sense.

If a subscriber does not adhere to these policies and doesn't respond/react
to warnings from the list-maintainer the address can and will be blocked.
You'd be the second person in 4 1/2 years..............

- 7 - Where to find more information.

You can find more information on the World Wide Web, surf to
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/marklin/

For more questions, please contact me.

Greetings,

Fred van Dijk
maintainer Marklin Mailinglist
f.vandijk@scintilla.utwente.nl

Below this line you will find the standard-info from the
mailinglist-software ezmlm. It also contains some explanation for
advanced features not explained above.

   <marklin-info@scintilla.utwente.nl>
   <marklin-faq@scintilla.utwente.nl>

   <marklin-digest-subscribe@scintilla.utwente.nl>